The Idea

Idea  
For this task I decided to go for quite a narrow narrative that focuses on the most crucial parts of Malala’s life. Mainly the turning point from which her life changed, the moment when she was shot on the bus, and her surviving the attack and eventually speaking against the terrorists and bringing this issue to the open.  
I want to convey this message through photography, my idea is to take the moment she was shot, a moment when the terrorists thought they had silenced her forever, and then contrast it with images of Malala standing victorious with a book and a pen as her metaphorical shield and sword. Her weapons against the Taliban oppressors. 
Location  
For a location I thought of using anywhere where I could have pitch darkness, I want the subject to be the main focus, limiting background objects. Using three-point lighting in a dark scenario will give the subject the impression of timelessness almost as if the scene was a cut out from reality, a moment in time. I thought of several locations for this and most of them I have access to without the need of permissions, like my garage, and a room in my house that I can easily convert.  
Model  
Since, Malala is of Pakistani descent I thought that finding a girl that fitted that role would be the best choice, however it's not as easy to find someone like that in Malta that is willing to take part especially pro bono. My other option is a Maltese model that could slightly resemble Malala. Finding someone that fits the criteria is a bit of a hassle without a budget. 
Equipment and Props 
Camera 
SD cards 
Laptop 
Tripod 
3-point lighting  
Costumes (Fabric, Magenta/Orange) Maybe 2 
Oriental looking Book  
An interesting Pen  



Production Schedule 

 

Storyboard  

Scene 1: Malala crying in the corner, depicting the fear of the moment she was attacked.
Scene 2: A secondary actor will be slightly out of frame depicting an attacker making a movement reminiscent of physical abuse, which will be shown in a blurry state to capture the movement.  
Scene 3: The girl picks up the book in defiance  
Scene 4: Malala victorious, represented by the stance of the Statue of Justice while she holds a book  and a pen instead of the sword and scales. 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Three Act Structure - The Shining

Analysis of Culture - Raymond Williams